Sign up for Text Message Notifications
Keep up-to-date with your library account on your mobile phone using the Library’s Shoutbomb text messaging service.
- Receive text notices about items available to pick up, items due soon, and overdue items and fines.
- Send a text to request a renewal and receive a text back with the result of your request.
- Set up multiple library accounts on the same phone.
PLEASE NOTE: The Library does not charge a fee for this service, but your cell phone plan’s regular text messaging rates apply.
What you need:
- A text messaging-capable mobile phone or device
- Subscription to text messaging (confirm with your cell phone service plan)
- The fourteen digit barcode number from your North Lake County Public Library card
- The PIN for your North Lake County Public Library account
To sign up, please follow the instructions below.
How to sign up:
Text the word SIGNUP to 406-215-4240. Then reply to the messages from Shoutbomb with your library card number and PIN.
If you do not get a text back in 15 minutes, please text WEBCONFIRM to the same number. If you do not get a response within three days, contact us.
Once your Shoutbomb registration has been completed, you will automatically get text notices about items available to pick up, items that are due soon, overdue items and fines. A text will be sent only when activity on your account triggers a message.
Messages available with the Shoutbomb service:
General services messages
- ADDCARD – Add an additional library card to your notifications.
- ADDEMAIL – Request to update user’s profile with an email address.
- DROPEMAIL – Request to update user’s profile by deleting existing email address.
- FEES – Toggles notification on or off when fees have been added to your account. This option is not automatically turned on when you register.
- HELP – Request detailed descriptions and how to use each keyword.
- ISBN – Texting the letters “ISBN” + a 10- or 13-digit ISBN number to search the library catalog.
- SIGNUP – Register for text messaging service.
- RESEND – Resend the last message from Shoutbomb.
- TEST – Test your connection to Shoutbomb service.
- QUIT – Turn off the text messaging service.
- SWITCHPHONE – Allows you to update your account with a new phone number or carrier.
- HL – Request a list of your items currently on hold.
- HOLDS – Toggles hold notices on or off. This is automatically turned on when you register.
- OL – Get a list of overdue items.
- OA – Request to renew all overdue items.
- OW – Number of overdue items ineligible for renewal and why.
- OVERDUE – Toggle notifications on or off for 1, 14, and 28 day overdue warnings. This option is automatically turned on when you register.